<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/plusone.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID\x3d17839287\x26blogName\x3dericStimmel\x26publishMode\x3dPUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT\x26navbarType\x3dBLUE\x26layoutType\x3dCLASSIC\x26searchRoot\x3dhttp://ericstimmel.blogspot.com/search\x26blogLocale\x3den_US\x26v\x3d2\x26homepageUrl\x3dhttp://ericstimmel.blogspot.com/\x26vt\x3d-6638753518834021577', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

ericStimmel

...excerpts from my studio work at cranbrook...

the Brick Project [orig. posted 2005.01.15 at 10:05 PM]

last thursday it was suggested to me that i attack my current project singularly rather than split time with other projects... this is difficult but, i think, good advice and i will try to heed it.

with that in mind i have been trying to finish the groundwork for the brick project in time to have some work for the upcoming forum gallery show this coming friday. i've taken the laser cut cardboard forms that i made at bill massie's studio last semester and have been coating them with a two-part resin epoxy (by West System) so that ben and i can use them as molds for hand packing clay and producing our bricks.

this process seems to work on the 1/8" cardboard molds where the corrugation runs perpendicular to the base, but the edges have proven a bit more difficult allowing the epoxy to flow thru the corrugations... i am currently experimenting with filling those openings with wood filler before applying the epoxy resin. this same problem might crop up in the 1/16" cardboard molds as well because the corrugations run vertically on those pieces... although they are smaller which might hold the epoxy long enough for it to cure.

when i find a camera around here i will post some progress shots... until then, back to work!

Links to this post:

<\$BlogItemBacklinkCreate\$>

« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

» Post a Comment